Bearing the inscription “Izutsuki” engraved on the right side of the blade, the KIYA Izutsuki Japanese Deba Knife recalls the designs of the Edo period. Each one bears a deba blade of superior material, with a single-ground edge, which resembles a chisel in cross-section. Chisel grinds result in steeper angles and sharper edges, but also make these deba blades difficult to use for left-handed people. These traditional Japanese knives should not be used to cut the toughest foods because their sharp edges can prove brittle. KIYA’s Izutsuki knives are forged, meaning that the Yasuki Shirogami carbon steel is fused through repeated hammering after heating. True to their traditional image, these Japanese kitchen knives use handles made of both horn and magnolia wood.
Having been in business for more than two centuries, KIYA is no stranger to either Japanese kitchen knives or their foreign counterparts. Its product selection features incredible diversity, ranging from knives of Japanese design that would not seem out-of-place in the Edo period to European-influenced implements intended for all manner of purposes. Little wonder then, that KIYA is considered one of the finest manufacturers of kitchen implements in Japan, more than a match for competitors such as Shun and Moritaka.
10-Year KIYA Limited Warranty. Inscription on blade reads: KIYA Shop.
Box reads: Nihonbashi. High quality kitchen knife. Kiya Special Selection.
Blade length: 5.91 inches (150 mm)
Total length: 11.42 inches (290 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for all orders to all Canadian provinces and to the contiguous United States; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING - $0 option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside Canada and the U.S.A.
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 100 days of the delivery date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic and safety reasons, we unfortunately can't accept used products. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after purchase will receive store credit, since a refund will not be granted by the financial institutions that process credit card payments after that time period.
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures click here (opens in a new tab).