The KIYA Izutsuki Japanese Deba Knife is an old kitchen knife design updated for modern customers using the latest technologies. The original design was intended to be a cooking knife used in preparing sushi, so it should come as no surprise to learn that this product excels at cutting open fish and removing undesirable bits prior to cooking. Of course, the same sharpness that enables it to cut through fish with exacting ease also enables it to do the same for most meats. KIYA’s deba blades bear a chisel edge of high-end carbon steel, meaning that one side is ground for sharpness. However, the same steep angle also means that the blades are more prone to chipping and other kinds of minor damage. To use rest your hands on both the handle and the spine of this professional kitchen knife for gentle but effective cuts using minimal force. Each one can be identified by the “Izutsuki” inscription on its side. Magnolia wood and water buffalo horn handle.
Having first opened alongside a general store in 1792, KIYA has since undergone an ongoing process of expansion and refinement to become a powerhouse in the modern era. Its business remains the same in modern times as in the Edo period. KIYA’s manufacturers continue to produce high-end chef’s knives for a range of purposes and according to a number of designs.
10-Year KIYA Limited Warranty. Inscription on blade reads: KIYA Shop. Box reads: Nihonbashi. High quality kitchen knife. Kiya Special Selection.
Blade length: 7.09 inches (180 mm)
Total length: 13.39 inches (340 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for all orders to all Canadian provinces and to the contiguous United States; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING - $0 option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside Canada and the U.S.A.
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 100 days of the delivery date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic and safety reasons, we unfortunately can't accept used products. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after purchase will receive store credit, since a refund will not be granted by the financial institutions that process credit card payments after that time period.
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures click here (opens in a new tab).